Travel Documentation

What Sort of Documentation Will I Need to Board the Ship in Miami?

Jam Cruise highly recommends all guests travel with a passport valid for at least six months beyond Jam Cruise 15. Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens cruising in and out of the same U.S. port, traveling with a passport eases your embarkation and disembarkation experience. Delays can be caused by traveling without a passport when boarding and entering back into the U.S. Passports will also make it easier for you to travel back to the U.S. in case of the unexpected during Jam Cruise 15. For more information and to obtain a passport application, visit

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the following documents: 

  • Valid U.S. Passport
  • Passport Card
  • Original or suitable quality copy of a state issued Birth Certificate. If your Birth Certificate has footprints on it, it will not be accepted (these are hospital issued certificates).
  • If you are a recent U.S. citizen and have not yet received your U.S. Passport, you will need to bring your original Certificate of Naturalization.
  • Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card (Global Entry)
  • Original Green Card (no copies)
  • If you are traveling on a student visa you should not book Jam Cruise at the end of your visa. If you are at the end of your visa, you must provide written proof of employment or risk being left on shore!

In addition to the above, a government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests.  

If you have questions regarding your travel documents, you should contact Customs and Border Protection.

If you are not a U.S. Citizen, please call U.S. Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 for guidelines on acquiring the proper identification for your nationality. 

Pro Tip:  

Take a photo of your state issued Birth Certificate on your phone. It must be clearly legible so that when its printed out it looks like a copy. You must be able to see the boarders. This way if anything happens to your passport before boarding Jam Cruise, you will have a copy of your Birth Certificate in your phone!

Please note that the name on your ticket must match the name on your passport. If you are recently married or have undergone a name change, please be sure to bring along supporting documentation.